We at River Journey Adventures want to make sure that your day is as fun and relaxing as can be. Here are many of the common questions we are asked.
1. Where do we meet? Please check out our maps page for details depending on what section of the river you are running as we have one location for Mon-Thurs and another for Fri-Sun and major holidays.
2. What can we bring? Anything you take will get wet. We recommend leaving towels and extra clothes in your car for the end of the trip. Also take a break from the cell phones and leave them in your trunk so you can enjoy this beautiful river. Plenty of water and sunscreen is recommended.
3. Can we bring a cooler? Yes you may bring ONE medium size cooler per raft under 50 quarts.
4. Can we bring alcohol? For now alcohol is allowed (no glass!) but we recommend that you do not drink on the river as this is an outdoor activity that you must be in control of, not a Disneyland ride.
5. Where do we finish? When the river is above 200 CFS our trips run from Knights Ferry to Orange Blossom Park, a total of 8 miles, and 3-5 hours in length. If you do not pass Horseshoe Park Boatramp at mile 5.75 by 3:30 your trip will end there as you will not finish by 5:00pm. If the river drops below 200 CFS our trips will be ending at the Horseshoe Park Boatramp at Mile 5.75, also 3 to 5 hours in length.
6. How do I redeem my discount coupon? If you have a discount coupon it can be redeemed by clicking on redeem your coupon.
7. When do we start? On weekdays we start at 10am and 11am and on weekends we start at 9am, 10am, and 11am. If you are late we may sell your spot to those on the waiting list.
8. I have a family group. When is the best time to go? Of course we recommend weekdays as the crowds are a lot smaller. On weekends we definetly recommend the 9:00 start time as the larger groups and the river itself becomes more crowded at the 10am and 11am time slot.
9. How quickly do you sell out? We operate by permit from the US Army Corps of Engineers and can only launch so many rafts per hour and per day. Our weekends sell out 1-2 weeks in advance during the summer. We recommend checking our calendar page for availability and booking your trip as soon as you know a date. A quote request does NOT guarantee a reservation.
Plan a new trip
Add to an existing trip